Manaslu at 8163 meters is the 8th highest peak in the world Mount Manaslu is located east of the Annapurna range. Manaslu trekking was officially opened to trekkers in 1991, lies west part of Nepal- near to the border of Nepal and Tibet. Trekking in Manaslu is one of the most delightful adventures, but mountaineering expeditions have long accessed to Manaslu area. This area offers a combination of rich culture heritage, unsurpassed beauty and biological diversity. The trekking trail follows an ancient salt-trading route along the Budhi Gandaki River. En route, 10 peaks over 6,500 meters (21,300 ft) are visible, including a few over 7,000 meters (23,000 ft). The highest point reached along the trek route is the Larkya La at an elevation of 5,235 meters (17,175 ft). When trekking through the Manaslu region, ten peaks of over 6,500 meters (21,300 ft) in height are visible, including peaks of over7, 000 meters (23,000 ft) elevation. Manaslu region is relatively less crowded compare to other well-known Himalayan regions such as Annapurna, Langtang and Everest. Being a controlled area, Manaslu circuit and Tsum valley trek needs a special trekking permit and limited numbers of tourists visit this region yearly which is enough to prove its unspoiled nature and culture. Manaslu Conservation Area has been established with the primary objective of achieving conservation and sustainable management of the delimited Manaslu area. The region, which is also termed Manaslu Conservation Area, comprises sub-tropical Himalayan foothills to arid Trans-Himalayan high pastures bordering Tibet.
- Mixed culture of different indigenous group .
- Beautiful snow caped mountains in the base of green hills.
- Jumping water by the edge of hills – amazing waterfalls in fall season.
- Running Budigandaki river with its thundering sound.
- Day 01: ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU
- Day 02: SIGHTSEEING AROUND KATHMANDU VALLEY.
- Day 03: EARLY IN THE MORNING DRIVE TO SOTI KHOLA (570M) - 6 HOURS DRIVING
- Day 04: TREK TO MACHHA KHOLA (930M)
- Day 05: TREK TO JAGAT (1410 M) 6-7 HOURS WALKING
- Day 06: TREK JAGAT TO DENG ( 2630M) - 6-7 HOURS WALKING
- Day 07: TREK DENG TO NAMRUNG ( 2630M) 6-7 HRS WALKING
- Day 08: NAMRUNG TO SAMAGAON (3,530M)
- Day 09: EXPLORING AROUND SAMAGOAN - VISIT PUNGYEN GOMPA - 5-6 HOURS
- Day 10: SAMAGAON TO SAMDO (3,690M)
- Day 11: TREK TO DHARMASALA / LARKE PHEDI
- Day 12: CROSS LARKE LA (5,100M) AND TREK TO BHIMTANG (3,720M) 8-9 HRS WALKING
- Day 13: TREK TO TILCHE ( 2300M) 4-5 HRS WALKING
- Day 14: TREK TILCHE TO TAL ( 1700 M) 5-6 HRS WALKING
- Day 15: TREK TAL TO SYANGE ( 1085M) 5-6 HOURS WALKING
- Day 16: DRIVE SYANGE TO KATHMANDU ( 8-9 HRS DRIVING )
- Day 17: LEISURE DAY IN KATHMANDU
- Day 18: DEPARTURE.
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu in normal nice hotel in B/B plan.
- Private transportation from Kathmandu to Arughat for clients and Nepali staffs.
- Private transportation from Besishar to Kathmandu for clients and Nepali staffs.
- Tea house accommodation during the trekking.
- Breakfast – lunch and dinner during the trekking period.
- Water Purification liquid during the trek.
- One professional English speaking guides and required assistance and their salary.
- All necessary porters and salary.
- Trekking permit.
- MCAP permit.
- Restricted area permit.
- First aid kit.
- Insurance for Nepali staffs.
- Farewell dinner.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu .
- Drinking water, Beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Tips for staffs .
- Personal expenses and extra services beyond itinerary
- Day 01ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDUVeggie Nepal representative will pick up you in the airport after your arrival and transfer to hotel. In the evening meeting with trekking guide and involve in briefing class of trek.
- Day 02SIGHTSEEING AROUND KATHMANDU VALLEY.You will visit some of the famous religious sites of Hinds and Buddhist like Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, and some historical sites such as Patan Darbur Square, where you will see extreme & artistic presentation of ancient Nepali art. In the evening final preparation for next day.
- Day 03EARLY IN THE MORNING DRIVE TO SOTI KHOLA (570M) - 6 HOURS DRIVINGEarly in the morning we will drive out from Kalanki, and join in the one of the busy highway of Nepal, which links the Kathmandu to other parts of Nepal. After 3 hours driving on the busy highway we will enter sub route to Dhading Arughat . Arughat is the gateway to Manaslu region . The small village Sotikhola is further 45 minutes drive from Arughat. Overnight at Soti Khola.
- Day 04TREK TO MACHHA KHOLA (930M)Today is the first day of trekking. We will process the trek after having breakfast. After crossing white thundering stream we will reach Liding, you will see the breathtaking view of big waterfalls.After liding the trial is slightly difficult you will pass different small village of Magar community before reaching Machha Khola. Machha Khola itself is a village of Magar community settlement near the bank of Budhigandaki. Before reaching Machha Khola we have to pass different waterfalls and white running stream on the way.
- Day 05TREK TO JAGAT (1410 M) 6-7 HOURS WALKINGThe narrow trail and lots of up and down leads you At first we will reach small village of Magar community called Khorlabesi If the weather is clear we can see the nice view of Ganesh Himal . As previous day trial goes along the side of thundering Budi Gandaki River . Crossing hot spring village, suspension bridges and amazing waterfalls . Thundering Bhudi Gandaki River descending down in an impressive way of water series. Around 1 hour gentle climb from Doban you will reach in Yaru Bagar, where you can see the plain area of river bank. In Yaru Bagar you can see small cottage (Bhatti) where local porters and people used to drink tea and local wine. After crossing the suspension bridge, the trials ascent few stone then you will see the small nice village called Jagat. Jagat welcome trekkers with good lodges and nice camping sites.
- Day 06TREK JAGAT TO DENG ( 2630M) - 6-7 HOURS WALKINGAfter Jagat cross the small village of Sirdibas , cross the suspension bridge and climb up to small market village called Philim. Onward the trial goes straight in sloppy landscapes. On the way before reaching Eklebhatti , you have to pass some local house and amazing waterfalls just above your heads. On the left hand side you can see the George of Budhi Gandaki River and hear the thundering sound of Marathons River. Ones can stop and watch the hanging house in the hills and imagine the day to day struggle of local people to keep themselves alive. After Eklebhatti trail slightly descend down inside the tall pine trees, near by the bank of river. After crossing the blue metal breezes towards west, trials run inside the tall pine trees and other flora and fauna before reaching the Pewa Phedi. With the continue thundering sounds of Budhigandkai and crossing the different suspension bridge you can reach the Deng, the small settlement of Gurung community.
- Day 07TREK DENG TO NAMRUNG ( 2630M) 6-7 HRS WALKINGAs usual today trial continues by the side of Budi Gandaki River. After few minutes a head from Deng you have to cross the suspension bridge. Now you have to climb slightly up, cross few local houses, cross the vertically running stream. By the side of stream you can see the traditional grinding machine (Ghatta). In your left hand side, down below you can see dam like pool of Budhi Gandaki River, before reaching the next local settlement Bhi. Crossing the very thin local house of Bhi and siringi Valley, again you have to cross the tall and little bit scary suspension bridge over the stream. Trials goes up and down inside the forest, where you have to continue ahead crossing some local house and mani walls before reaching Ghap. You can see few more craving stones. Trials run across the fields and head into the woods of oak and rhododendron. Inside the forest you have to cross the couple of whispering streams. Trial continue in the south bank of Budi Gandaki River, crossing to big mani walls. On the way you can see the amazing waterfalls. After crossing the big rock, routes goes slightly up inside the forest of firs and rhododendron. You have to cross the wooden bridge over the river, where you crossing will be more exciting because of rising mist of thundering water. Inside the forest you can hear the chirp ring sound of birds and jumping monkeys. Before reaching Namrung, there is a serious climbing through bamboo and rhododendron.
- Day 08 NAMRUNG TO SAMAGAON (3,530M)It takes around 5-6 hours from Samagaon to Namrung. On the way you have to pass long Mani walls and you can easily distinguish the different dialects and dress of local people. The special dress wear by local people is same like Tibetan wraparound cloak. On the way you can see different Gumba such as Hungbugaon Gumdang, Tad Gumba, Naksa Gumba and many more. This day offer the magnificent view of Mt. Manaslu, Peak 29 and many more. Near Samagaon you can see the big chorten.
- Day 09EXPLORING AROUND SAMAGOAN - VISIT PUNGYEN GOMPA - 5-6 HOURSWe spend the day at Samagaon both for rest and acclimatization. Today, we get acquainted with the rich Sherpa culture. We enjoy the sight of thousands of mani stones with Buddhist texts and pictures and the Sherpa women clad in traditional clothes and ornaments. On a little hill near the Sama village is an old Gompa (Pungyen Gompa), a monastery with great views of the glacier. It is named after Manaslu, Pungyen means bracelet, a good description of the two peaks. It was destroyed a year after the first unsuccessful Japanese attempt to climb Manaslu. The locals believed that the climb angered the gods, and when the Japanese came back a year later they met with a lot of resistance that they had to give up their attempt. They were finally successful in 1959. Overnight in Samagaon.
- Day 10SAMAGAON TO SAMDO (3,690M)Samdo is the last point before crossing the Larke la. As previous day you have to cross several Mani walls, Juniper and birch forests. After crossing the wooden bridge over Budi Gandaki, climb between the two branches of river. After walking an hour continue you will be in Samdo, where you can see nice campsite and different lodges.
- Day 11TREK TO DHARMASALA / LARKE PHEDIEven today, we continue our walk down the edge, cross the wooden bridge over Budi Gandaki and begin walking upward. Upon crossing two streams and witnessing the Larkya Glacier we go around the valley of the Salka Khola and climb up again to the stone guest house (4450 m), which is not a lodge but a kind of shelter called Dharmshala, also known as Larke Phedi. The short walk today also leaves plenty of time for acclimatization and relaxing in the afternoon. Overnight in Dharmashala.
Included meals:Breakfast Lunch Dinner.
- Day 12CROSS LARKE LA (5,100M) AND TREK TO BHIMTANG (3,720M) 8-9 HRS WALKINGToday you have to start little bit early in the morning. First the trail slightly descent, passing fields and large mani walls. After crossing a wooden bridge, you will see an old Mani wall, from where trail ascent towards Larke la, through Junipers. After climbing around 1 hour you can see a porter house. Again there is a long gentle climb beside a moraine there will be the problem of finding real route. Follow the praying flags in the pass and continue ahead. Before the final step of Larke la you will see some frozen lakes. From the pass trail descend down towards west. After continue steep and gentle descending you will reach the plain area of Bimtang, where you can relax and memorize the long walk.
- Day 13TREK TO TILCHE ( 2300M) 4-5 HRS WALKINGSamdo – Dharamsala/Larkya B. C. [4460m/14, 628 ft]: 4 – 5 hours
Even today, we continue our walk down the edge, cross the wooden bridge over Budi Gandaki and begin walking upward. Upon crossing two streams and witnessing the Larkya Glacier we go around the valley of the Salka Khola and climb up again to the stone guest house (4450 m), which is not a lodge but a kind of shelter called Dharmshala, also known as Larke Phedi. The short walk today also leaves plenty of time for acclimatization and relaxing in the afternoon. Overnight in Dharmashala.
- Day 14 TREK TILCHE TO TAL ( 1700 M) 5-6 HRS WALKINGTrek down to Jagat. Easy and regular trekking route.
- Day 15TREK TAL TO SYANGE ( 1085M) 5-6 HOURS WALKINGBesishar is a small city, situated in the hilly reason. It is the gateway to famous Annapurna trekking and exit point of Around Manaslu Trek.
- Day 16DRIVE SYANGE TO KATHMANDU ( 8-9 HRS DRIVING )Your car will come to pick up you at Syange . After Breakfast continue driving to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel .
- Day 17LEISURE DAY IN KATHMANDUToday is the last day in Kathmandu . Enjoy your free time / shopping / Souvenirs. Evening Farewell dinner.
- Day 18DEPARTURE.Veggie Nepal representative will visit you in your hotel . We will provide a car to drop you at airport.
Trip Route : Arughat Bazaar- Soti Khola- Khorla Besi- Gagat- Ghap- Sama Gau- Larke Pass– Dharapani- & Besishar.