"Centuries ago in Tibet, there was an ox that learned that both it and a nak (female yak) were going to be killed for the feast in a marriage ceremony. They ran away to the Langtang area, where the nak disappeared. To bring them back, Guru Rinpoche followed them and found the ox resting in the spot where Langtang village lies today. The name “Langtang” derives from “lang” meaning “ox” and “dhong” meaning “satiated,” and it is said that Guru Rinpoche built a chorten here. Unfortunately, on the way back to Tibet, the ox died at Langshisha Ri.”, Recounts Thiley Lama in the book “The book of rituals of Dhomares”
145 kilometres North of Kathmandu lays an enchanting valley relatively uncrowded and often underrated, filled with massive snowcapped mountains, beautiful glacial lakes lush vegetations. Langtang is one of the nearest Himalayan regions from Kathmandu valley. The valley is highly influenced by Tibetan lifestyle and cultures. Often regarded as one of the most rewarding short trek in Nepal, Langtang Lirung, Langshisia, Ganjala are few of the many peaks you will be able to see up-close. The valley is also home to endangered species like Red panda, Himalayan black bear and clouded leopards.
The trek begins after an 8 hours overland journey to Dhunche. The next day you will follow the Langtang River to the east ascending up gently to Rimche(2400m). For the next couple of days, you will be trekking up through the beautiful alpine valley wit dense oak, rhododendron and pine forest passing through different glacial lakes along the magnificent view of Langtang Lirung. You will also explore the Langtang village which was badly affected by the major earthquake of 2015 leaving around 400 people dead. The village is now bouncing back and few tea houses have resumed their operation.
Situated at a staggering altitude of 3870m in the lap of Langtang Liurng, Kyangjin Gompa is one of the principal Monastery of this region. The gompa is said to be built 6 centuries ago. Even the thangkas adorning the wall were believed to be brought from Tibet 400 years ago! You will be also hiking either to Kanjying Ri – 4770m or Cherko Ri- 4984m to enjoy the close-up view of the mountain and return back to the Gompa for an overnight stay. After few days downhill trek, you will finally be back to Kathmandu
- Day 01: Arrival and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu Heritage Tour
- Day 03: Drive to Syabru Besi via Trishulibazar. (1,550m/5,100ft): 145 km/ 6-7 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,480m/) – 5-6 hrs
- Day 05: Trek to Mundu (3543m/11,621ft) via Langtang village (3,430m/11,253ft) 6-7 hrs
- Day 06: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft): 3-4 hrs. Explore the area.
- Day 07: Explore Tserko Ri (5000m/16,404ft) 7-8 hrs
- Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel: 6/7 hrs
- Day 09: Trek back to Syabrubesi: 5 hrs
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Fly back to Home or extend your trip.
- All Airport / Hotel transfers
- 3/4 star hotel in Kathmandu
- Welcome and farewell dinner breakfast in KTM
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced and certified trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their full expense
- All government and local taxes such as National park permit, TIMS
- Full day cultural sightseeing in Kathmandu on day 02 (including entrance fees)
- All necessary paper work and permits
- International Airfare and Nepal Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges during domestic flights. Airlines rate for excess weight excluding 15 KGS permitted varies mostly ranging from 1-2 USD per KG.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in the case of late departure and early arrival.
- Lunch and evening meal in Kathmandu
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance
- Expenses occur due to the case of early return from mountain to Kathmandu than the scheduled itinerary which includes accommodation and meals
- Personal expenses such as Phone, internet & Battery Charges bills on trek
- Gratitude for guides and porters
- Day 01Arrival and transfer to Hotel.Your adventure begins even before you land at the Tribhuvan International Airport. The first views of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below you will make you almost ecstatic, beginning a whole chain of memorable experiences that will stay with you for a very long time.
As soon as you arrive in Kathmandu, our representative will welcome you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. In the evening, you will meet the team and discuss your further programs over the welcome dinner.
- Day 02Kathmandu Heritage Tourn the morning you will meet your tour guide to visit historic, religious and architectural places of Kathmandu valley. You will visit Swoyambhunath (Buddhist Shrine, also called monkey temple), Boudhanath (Largest Stupa in the world), Pashupatinath (Hindu’s greatest pilgrimage site) and Patan Durbar Square (Historic place for ancient art and architecture).
Today you will also make the necessary preparation for the trek.
- Day 03Drive to Syabru Besi via Trishulibazar. (1,550m/5,100ft): 145 km/ 6-7 hrsIn the morning, after the breakfast, you will be picked up for a drive to Syabru Besi, a small village on the banks of Bhote Koshi river. The 6-7 hours drive through the scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas will take you to your trek starting point passing through Dhunche. Just before Dhunche you reach the gates of the Langtang National Park where you have to sign in. Dunche is the district administration headquarters and nowadays quite a bustling town. From here you descend all the way to the Trisuli River at the village of Syabru Besi.
- Day 04Trek to Lama Hotel (2,480m/) – 5-6 hrsYour first day of trekking. The first part of the trail crosses through the Bhote Koshi river and follows Langtang Khola. the Langtang Khola will be your companion all the way to Kyanjin Gompa. The trail starts as a moderate climb and zigzags up the broad valley. Continuing up, you will see the village of Thulo Syabru clinging to the high valley side. Shortly after you will join a trail which leads to (and from) Thulo Syabru. You will then enter a deep gorge which signifies the start of the Langtang valley. From here you will start a steady descent through a bamboo forest to the valley floor. Red pandas and Langur monkeys inhabit this forest. Upon reaching the Langtang Khola you will follow it up stream. Passing through the hamlet of Pairo you will reach the village of Bamboo. This village is situated on the riverside and the trail here constantlys need to be rebuilt due to the river flooding and the trail being away. After an hour or so you will cross a bridge to the northern side of the river and pass through the village of Rimche. Shortly after this you will briefly climb out of the forest to reach the village of Lama Hotel.
- Day 05Trek to Mundu (3543m/11,621ft) via Langtang village (3,430m/11,253ft) 6-7 hrsLeaving Lama Hotel behind you will continue to climb up the langtang valley. After a short while the mighty peak of Langtang Lirung comes into view from the north. Passing a waterfall you continue up the west bank of the Langtang Khola and pass through the hamlet of Gumnchok. After a couple of hours the valley begins to widen and the trail flattens. You pass through Ghora Tabela which means “stable of the horse”. You will trek past a National Park checkpoint and then cross a small wooden bridge and continue through the forest. Many villagers in this area advertise the local “yak curd” - you could try some here!. By the time you reach here, you will have already left the tree-line below. Approaching Langtang you will see a 400 year old Buddhist gompa (monastery) on your left and a few minutes later you climb into Langtang village itself.
- Day 06Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft): 3-4 hrs. Explore the area.You won’t trek much today. From Langtang you continue up the ever-widening valley to Kyanjin Gompa. After passing through the Upper Langtang village you will walk past a series of long mani walls. To the east you will gain great views of the peak “Dorji Lakpa” with “Urkinmang” to its left. Also to the south, the peaks of “Naya Kanga” and “Pongen Dopku” will come into view. After a steep, undulating trail you will cross a rise and Kyanjin Gompa will appear. Kyanjin Gompa lies in an elongated amphitheatre surrounded by high, snow-capped peaks. After lunch, your guide might suggest a hike up the small hill to the north of the village at the height of about 14,107ft/4,300m. This offers great views of Langtang Lirung (23,765ft/7,245m), the Langtang glacier, Kimshing peak with its glacier and to the south, a long ridge on top of which is the Ganja La, a high pass to Helambu.
- Day 07Explore Tserko Ri (5000m/16,404ft) 7-8 hrsThis day will be a great alpine experience. After breakfast you will leave the village of kyanjin and pass on through yak pastures. You can see yaks grazing in the valley and several yak herders’ shelter (Goths in Nepali).Since you will be getting into the high altitudes, you might start to feel the thin air. It is quite a tough little climb, but you will be amply rewarded at the top, with breath-taking views of the surrounding snow-capped summits. You descend the same way back to Kyanjin Gompa.
- Day 08Trek back to Lama Hotel: 6/7 hrs6-7 hours downhill walk will bring you back to the Lama Hotel. You will gain great views returning down the valley, especially the sun flitting through the leaves once you have dropped below the tree line.
- Day 09Trek back to Syabrubesi: 5 hrsFrom Lama Hotel you continue down the valley crossing the Langtang Khola just before the village of Bamboo. You will enjoy the easy trail mostly downhill through lush green vegetation.
- Day 10Drive back to KathmanduAfter breakfast, you will drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 11Fly back to Home or extend your trip.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your need and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
* Your information will be kept confidential and will never be shared with anyone
|09 October, 2018
||19 October, 2018
|23 October, 2018
||02 November, 2018
|08 November, 2018
||18 November, 2018
|19 November, 2018
||29 November, 2018
|08 December, 2018
||18 December, 2018
|16 December, 2018
||26 December, 2018
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese vegan food. Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.