Annapurna Base Cam Trek The most popular route in Annapurna Region. It is also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek which is the moderate popular trekking trail in Nepal. It starts by either flight or drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and takes a short drive (45 minutes) from Pokhara to Nayapul, the trekking starting point. It is perfect Trekking rout for both adventure travellers and nature explores with amazing lifetime experience.
The Annapurna Sanctuary trek, also known as Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) trek, is one of the shortest major treks in Nepal and gets up close and personal with some of the biggest mountains. The trek begins with lowland bamboo forests and rhododendrons before making it up through the Modi Khola Gorge into the mountain amphitheatre that is the Annapurna Sanctuary. This high glacial basin is wild Himalayan country ringed by ten of the most impressive peaks in Nepal.
The entire sanctuary was considered as holy to the Gurung people, one of the many resident people to inhabit the area. They believed it was the storage area of gold and a variety of resources left by the Nagas, the serpent-gods known in India. The sanctuary was believed to be the home of several deities, from Hinduism and Buddhism as well the older animistic gods. The peak of Machhapuchhre at the doorway was said to be the home of the god Shiva, and the daily plumes of snow were thought the smoke of his divine incense. During the good weather months in the fall and spring, you can expect clear mornings and evenings and a glowing panorama of snow-capped peaks.
If you prefer a bit easier trek but also want to explore the majestic mountains and the diverse culture and lifestyle of the Nepali people, this trek is the one for you. Contact us for more information and individual advice.
- Ancient kingdoms to majestic mountains vistas
- Trek through the breathing Himalayan landscape of the Annapurna Ranges.
- Pass awe-inspiring glaciers
- Banks of pristine rivers
- Cross mountain pastures
- Natural hot springs
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
- Day 02: Fly/Drive to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft)
- Day 03: Trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft): 6 hrs trek
- Day 04: Trek Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft) 5 hrs trek
- Day 05: Chhomrong to Dovan (2580m/8460ft): 6 hrs trek.
- Day 06: Doban to Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3700m/12135ft): 4-5 hrs trek.
- Day 07: Machhapuchhare Base Camp to ABC (4,130m/13,545ft): 2-3 hrs trek.
- Day 08: Himalaya to Chhomrong: 5-6 hrs trek
- Day 09: Chhomrong to Sauli Bazar: 6-7 hrs trek
- Day 10: Sauli to Pokhara: 2-3 hrs treks and 2 hrs drive. You will take rest or you can make sightseeing in Pokhara:
- Day 11: Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6/7 hrs drive.
- Day 12: Final Departure
- All Accommodations
- All road transportations
- All Meals While Trekking in Tea houses
- All Activities and Entrance Fees as per Itinerary
- Local Guide and Porters
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project Entry Permit
- Trekking Information Management System (TIMS) Permit – All necessary transportations.
- Hot and cold Beverage
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Tips for driver and guide
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, what are not mentioned in above services
- Day 01Arrive in Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)Arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA) and with assistance transfer to hotel. After check in, you can either take a rest, hang around in the city, visit our office; it all depends upon your interests and condition. In the evening, we will organize a Welcome Dinner at an excellent traditional Nepalese restaurant where you will enjoy a Nepalese cultural program as well as a fine meal. Included meal: Dinner
- Day 02Fly/Drive to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft)Breakfast and Transfer to Pokhara. Pokhara is a remarkable place of natural beauty. Situated at an altitude of 827m from the sea level and 200 km west of Kathmandu valley, the city is known as a center of adventure. The enchanting city with a population of around 95,000 has several beautiful lakes and offers stunning panaromic views of Himalayan peaks. The serenity of lakes and the magnificence of the Himalayas rising behind them create an ambience of peace and magic. So today the city has not only become the starting point for most popular trekking and rafting destinations but also a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. Evening boating in Phewa Lake.
- Day 03Trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft): 6 hrs trekPokhara offers magnificent views of Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhare, five peaks of Annapurna and others. We drive to Naya Pul and start the trek. From Birethanti, we trek uphill on the trail to Ghandruk. Enjoy the panoramic views of the mountains. Pass along various small villages such as Chimrong, Syauli Bazar, Chane etc. Cross the suspension bridge over Khumnu Khola. Finally we arrive at Ghandruk, a slope settlement with stone houses mostly inhabited by the Gurung people. Along with enjoying the stunningly close-up towering views of Fishtail, Annaurna South, and Hiuchuli mountains, we also acquaint ourselves with the simple but rich cultural traditions of the Gurung people at the Gurung Museum in Ghandruk.
- Day 04Trek Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft) 5 hrs trek Climb up for an hour up to Ghandrukkot and then a steep descent takes us to the Kimrung Khola. After another steep ascent from Kimrung Khola, we make an hour of easy walk. Then we take a steep climb continuing up to Chhomrong. Towering above the village is the mighty peak of Annapurna South, with the Fishtail Mountain (Machhapuchhare) facing it across the valley. Chhomrong is a beautiful village located on the lap of giant Annapurna massive. Overnight in Chhomrong
- Day 05Chhomrong to Dovan (2580m/8460ft): 6 hrs trek. We head out of Chhomrong along the Modi Khola leaving behind inhabited foothills into the high step and wooded slopes of Himalayas. We cross the suspension bridge then trek up to Sinuwa Danda. The ascent from Sinuwa becomes somewhat flatter. The trail passes through thick and dark rhododendron forest up to Khuldighar.
Then, we descend a long and steep stone steps into deep bamboo and rhododendron forests through which we reach Doban shortly.
- Day 06Doban to Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3700m/12135ft): 4-5 hrs trek. The day starts with gentle gradual ascend following the trail above the river through a thick bamboo, oak and rhododendron forests up the side of the canyon. Pass by Himalaya Hotel. We cross two streams over small bridges. The trail passes through solitary places. Wilderness of the mother nature gives piece to our mind. There is also the possibility of seeing a variety of species of wildlife such as wild pig, deer, snow leopard, etc. Climb again to the Hinko Cave, an overhanging rock. Climbing further arrive at Machhapuchhre Base Camp. Overnight in MBC.
- Day 07Machhapuchhare Base Camp to ABC (4,130m/13,545ft): 2-3 hrs trek. After lunch return back to Himalaya Hotel. Today we start our trek to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC). When the sun rises, the snow on mountains shine and river valley is filled with warm sun rays. We reach Bagar. The hike to ABC is somewhat strenuous but the unfolding views of the majestic Machhapuchre are certainly a rewarding experience. Enjoy the views of Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gangapurna, Tent Peak, Barha Shikhar and, of course, the Fishtail or Machhapuchhare itself. This area is called the Annapurna Sanctuary since it is totally surrounded by mountains. We can view the spectacular sight of majestic Himalayan peaks. South Annapurna Glacier (4200m); this glacier feeds the drainage of the Modi Khola. The trek from MBC to ABC follows roughly parallel to the the south lateral moraine ridge. The glacier itself is in cold based and in retreat. The main body of the glacier is covered by a layer of derbies and looks to be undergoing retreat. The upper icefalls look like they are no longer actively feeding the main body of the glacier and that the main body is stranded. Trek to Himalaya Hotel.
- Day 08Himalaya to Chhomrong: 5-6 hrs trekToday, we trek to Chhomrong passing Bamboo, Sinuwa and Banuwa. During the trek you can enjoy the beautiful closeup view of snow-capped mountains. Stay overnight at Chhomrong.
- Day 09Chhomrong to Sauli Bazar: 6-7 hrs trek Today, we trek to sauli bazar and sightseeing around there. Stay overnight at Sauli bazar.
- Day 10Sauli to Pokhara: 2-3 hrs treks and 2 hrs drive. You will take rest or you can make sightseeing in Pokhara:David's Fall
Locally known as Patale Chhango (Hell's Fall), Devi's Fall (also known as Devin's or David's) is an awesome waterfall lying about 2 km south-west of Pokhara airport on the highway to Tansen.
Gupteswar Gupha, a sacred cave, lies 2 km from Pokhara airport on the Siddhartha Highway leading southwest from the city. The entrance is right across from Devi's Fall and the cave is almost 3 km long. It has some big hall-size rooms and some passages where you have to crawl on all fours.
- Day 11Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6/7 hrs drive. Early morning, after having breakfast, we drive back to Kathmandu. During the evening time, we roam in Thamel and can also have an optional time for shopping. At night you can have dinner in a typical Nepali cultural restaurant with Cultural programs. Stay overnight at Kathmandu.
- Day 12Final DepartureYou are saying good bye to the mountains as your journey in Nepal comes to an end today! We take you to the airport for your flight time. We hope you enjoyed the trek, and are sure you will be back trekking somewhere in the Himalaya again. Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight a representative from Veggie Nepal will take you to the airport and bid farewell. On your way home you'll have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your need and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
* Your information will be kept confidential and will never be shared with anyone
|24 November, 2018
||05 December, 2018
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese vegan food as well as the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served at the tea house or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.