Everest Gokyo Chola Pass Trek is one of the most famous and adventurous treks in the Everest region. It follows the route via high pass of Cho La at 5330meters into the Base Camp of Mount Everest. This is one of the best scenic treks in Nepal. This Everest Gokyo lakes trekking is also very popular in the world because of the Sherpa Villages, Sherpa People, and the hometown of the world's famous climbers.
This unique trek leads you to the home of the legendary Sherpa people, on the foothill of the highest peak of the world, the Mt. Everest at 8848m. This trek follows the highly praised trekking route through the Dudh Koshi to its source the Gokyo Lake to the west of the Everest Base Camp. This excellent Himalaya trek gives you the benefit to the summit of Gokyo peak (5483m) offering a fantastic panoramic view of Cho Oyo, Everest, Makalu, etc. During travelling through Khumbu Himal, Gokyo valley and pass, one is rewarded with some of the most dramatic landscapes.
Also, the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla itself is an adventurous flight where you can fly through the majestic mountains. Not only this, but Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking offers you the most amazing and adventurous tour experience where you can also get an opportunity to experience Nepali culture, religion and traditions. Therefore, enjoy this trek with our insightful guides while staying in the best lodges in the region.
Scenic and adventures flight to Lukla, real Nepalese life styles, settlement of mixed ethnic group, Visit to the Edmund Hillary School, Buddhist Monastry situated at the highest place on the way, Sherpa’s settlements, culture and religon. Spectacular views of the World’s Highest Mountain of Mount Everest and the Ama Dablam, Tawache, Thamserku, Lobuche, Island, Pumori, Nuptse, Lhotse, Khumbila, Kongde and other peaks. Gokyo Lake at 4350 and Hard pass Chola and visit Buddhist Monastery Tengboche.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: City tour & preparation in Kathmandu (1300m)
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2810m) & trek to Phakding (2660m): 2: 30 hrs walking
- Day 04: Trek to Namche (3440m): 6 hrs walking
- Day 05: Namche- acclimatization day >Khumjung Hiking (3900m)
- Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3870m): 6 to 7 hrs walking
- Day 07: Trek to Pheriche (4243m): 5 to 6 hrs walking
- Day 08: Pheriche – acclimatization day > Nangakarshang hiking (5010m)
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4940m): 5 to 6 hrs walking
- Day 10: Trek to Everest B. C. (5360m) > Gorakshep (5170m): 5 hrs walking
- Day 11: Trek to Kalapathar (5545m) and stay at Dzongla (4830m): 6 hrs walking
- Day 12: Trek to Taknak (4700m) via Chola Pass (5368m): 5 to 6 hrs walking
- Day 13: Trek to Gokyo (4790m): 4 to 5 hrs walking
- Day 14: Trek to Machhermo (4470m): 4 hrs walking
- Day 15: Trek to Khumjung (3780m): 5 to 6 hrs walking
- Day 16: Trek to Lukla (2810m): 5 hrs walking
- Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu: 30 minutes flight
- Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu: 30 minutes flight
- Day 19: Final Departure
- All necessary airport, hotel transfers (4 times)
- Hotel in Kathmandu 3 nights with Breakfast
- Around Kathmandu Sightseeing Entrance Fees with transportation and guide salary
- Flight ticket from KTM to LUKLA to KTM for Members and Guide
- Domestic Airport Tax (2 times)
- TIMS Card
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- TIMS Card
- Trekking Guide, porters and necessary staffs during the trek
- Food and accommodation during the trekking period both to members and guide
- Trekking Guide salary during the trekking period
- Porter salary during the trekking period
- Welcome dinner / Farewell dinner
- Insurance for all Nepali staffs
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
Note : During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese vegan food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
- Day 01Arrival in KathmanduVeggienepal representative will meet you at the Tribhubhan International Airport and transfer to the hotel. You will have short briefing regarding your trip.
- Day 02 City tour & preparation in Kathmandu (1300m)In the morning you will meet your tour guide to visit historic, religious and architectural places of Kathmandu valley. You will visit Swoyambhunath (Bhuddhists Shrine, also called monkey temple), Baudhanath (Largest Stupa in the world), Pasupatinath (Hindu’s greatest pilgrimage site) and Patan Durbar Sqare (Historic place for ancient art and architecture). Your guide will check all your trekking and climbing equipment. You can rent or buy the required equipment in Kathmandu.
- Day 03Fly to Lukla (2810m) & trek to Phakding (2660m): 2: 30 hrs walkingEarly in the morning you have to wake up to have stunning flight to the gateway to the region of the Legendry Sherpas. It takes 30 minutes to reach Tenzing and Hillary airport of Lukla. You can have wonderful views of mountains from your aircraft. Lukla flight itself is a world’s most adventures flight. In Lukla you will meet our rest of the staffs and yaks for baggage then your first day trekking begin from Lukla to Phakding (Meandering trails lined with stoned walls)
- Day 04Trek to Namche (3440m): 6 hrs walkingToday we will trek from Phakding following the torrent of Dudh Koshi the trail climbs north through forests of rhododendron, magnolia and giant firs etc. Namche, the largest village often called administrative center of Khumbhu region where you can also buy and rent the equipment needed for the treks.
- Day 05Namche- acclimatization day >Khumjung Hiking (3900m)Today is your acclimatization day in Namche ; to adjust by exploring the local markets, mingle with the people, walk up to the Everest view point (you can see the stunning view of Mt. Everest and Amadamlam etc), breathing deeply and happily lazing around in sunshine. We visit to Sir Edmund Hillary’s school and hospital at Khumjung and Khunde.
- Day 06 Trek to Tengboche (3870m): 6 to 7 hrs walkingToday you walk down to Tengboche. You can visit the significant Buddhist Monastery; yak pasture and world’s highest sacred institution combined. Tengboche is in the panoramic place surrounded by Kwangde (6187m.), Twachee (6542m.), Amadablam (6812m), Everest (8848m.), Nuptse (7879m), Lhotse (8501m.), Kangtega and Thamserku. The trail now forks northeast along a tributary valley with the mountain views opening up to become very dramatic as the steep climb approaches the holy ground of Tengboche.
- Day 07Trek to Pheriche (4243m): 5 to 6 hrs walkingToday we descent down to Debuche through the forest of birches conifers and rhododendrons. It is the home of the HRA (Himalayan Rescue Association) which runs hospital built in 1975 by the Japanese. Crossing Imja Khola (river) on a steel bridge, the route climb to the Pangboche.
- Day 08Pheriche – acclimatization day > Nangakarshang hiking (5010m)To adjust with high altitude today also you stay at Pheriche. Today you will hike to Nangakarshang hill for acclimatization. You will have short briefing class regarding the high altitude sickness at HRA. HRA runs high altitude information class every day.
- Day 09Trek to Lobuche (4940m): 5 to 6 hrs walking Ascending at a sensible pace, traversing ice covered torrents, to Lobuche where stone houses sit amongst a frozen wilderness of stunning beauty and where a thrilling sense of closeness to our ultimate goal exists. From Lobuche you can have magnificent view of Cholatse, Lobuche, Pumori and Nuptse which gives you more pleasure. At the top of the ridge you can see the memorials of the climbers.
- Day 10 Trek to Everest B. C. (5360m) > Gorakshep (5170m): 5 hrs walkingThe goal that is Base Camp is a demanding day. After breakfast you will start your trek to Everest Base camp. At Everest Base Camp you can see many expeditions’ tents during the spring season of Expedition. It is great place to view Khumbhu glacier. The first section of the trail goes through the narrow gap between the glacial moraine and the mountain wall At Gorakshep you have the glorious view of Mt. Phumori and Nuptse standing above us.
- Day 11Trek to Kalapathar (5545m) and stay at Dzongla (4830m): 6 hrs walkingThe way is straight line up above the Gorakshep along the grassy ridge. Kala Pathar means black rock which is located at 5550m high, very closed and front side of the Mt. Everest. From Kala Pathar one can see panoramic view of Mt.Everest and many other mountain peaks like Mt.Pumori, Mt.Lingtren, Mt. Khumertse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt.Lhotse, Mt.Ama Dablam, Mt.Thamserku and many more. Re-trace back to Lobuche than take the gradual trek to Dzongla.
- Day 12Trek to Taknak (4700m) via Chola Pass (5368m): 5 to 6 hrs walkingToday an early morning, after breakfast you will start your trek with slow uphill until the Pass: from where you will see magnificent view of the different mountain. This will be the difficult morning as you have to go through the glacier and rocky trail which may be interesting for you. After the Pass the trail descends all the way to Tanak.
- Day 13Trek to Gokyo (4790m): 4 to 5 hrs walkingToday after breakfast, the trek star with few up and down, cross the Ngozumpa glacier. After some time walk you will get to the other side of the Glacier than the trail goes along the second lake with nice view of the Mountain.
- Day 14Trek to Machhermo (4470m): 4 hrs walkingEarly in the morning we hike towards the Gokyo peak/Gokyo Ri. From Gokyo Ri we can see fascinating view of Himalayans of Khumbu region like; Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m,Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt. Kusum Khagaru 6367m, Mt. Kongde 6011m, Mt. Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m etc.
- Day 15Trek to Khumjung (3780m): 5 to 6 hrs walkingToday is easy walking day. The trail goes downhill passing through Imja River Bridge.
Day 16: Trek to Manjo (2835m): 5 hrs walking
Today you walk all the way downhill to Monjo; En route you have to pass Namche Bazzar.
- Day 16Trek to Lukla (2810m): 5 hrs walkingToday is the last day of your adventure. This last evening in the mountains is the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
- Day 17Fly to Kathmandu: 30 minutes flightYou will take again the scenic and adventures flight from Lukla to reach Kathmandu.
- Day 18 Fly to Kathmandu: 30 minutes flightYou will take again the scenic and adventures flight from Lukla to reach Kathmandu.Today is the free day in Kathmandu. You can have shopping. In the evening you will have farewell dinner in authentic Nepali restaurants with variety of cultural programs.
- Day 19 Final DepartureVeggie Nepal representative will drop you to the Tribhubhan International Airport and give you Khada, for good luck.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your need and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
* Your information will be kept confidential and will never be shared with anyone
|18 October, 2018
||05 November, 2018
|20 November, 2018
||08 December, 2018
|15 January, 2019
||02 February, 2019
|18 March, 2019
||05 April, 2019
|21 May, 2019
||08 June, 2019
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese vegan food as well as the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.