Everest Experience Trek is an adventurous trek which gives you stunning view of Mount Everest. Stepping on the foothills of the tallest mountains on Earth is the dream of every travelers. So this short trek will fulfill that dream by taking you to the foothills of the most iconic and awe inspiring mountains in the world. The Everest region itself boasts 4 of 6 highest mountains in the world which includes Everest, Makalu, Lhotse and Cho-Oyu.
Everest Experience trek begins after a day tour in Kathmandu visiting cultural landmarks and UNESCO world heritage sites. After the sightseeing around culturally rich city Kathmandu, we head towards the spectacular flight to Lukla. A flight towards Lukla is itself an adventurous flight where you can have a close-up view of the tallest peaks. Then the trail from Lukla gradually leads you up from the sparkling waters of the Dudh Khosi River, through the heart of Sherpa country to the dramatic high mountain scenery beyond.
Following in the footsteps of the legendary mountaineers you will enter the Khumbu & Sagarmatha National Park region. This region will lead you to the gateway to the Himalaya, Namche Bazaar. A short trek from Namche Bazaar will take you to Syangboche. From Syangboche you will be able to have a 360-degree panoramic view of the tallest mountains in the world including Mt. Everest. Soak yourself in the sheer beauty and majesticity of the mountains.
After the sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of mountain hardy Sherpa people we will return at our leisurely pace back to Namche and Lukla for your return flight to Kathmandu.
- Exploring towards the ancient historical places and heritages sites of the Kathmandu city.
- Breathtaking panoramic view of mountains, Gompas, shrines and monasteries on the way.
- The hospitality and the culture of the mountain people.
- Besides that, exploring into the depth of the nature.
Some facts about the places of this trip:
- Kathmandu is also known as the city of thousand temples.
- Mount Everest is the tallest peak in the world which is 8,848 m high in altitude.
- The highest airport of Nepal is located in Syangboche.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Visit the UNESCO listed cultural and historical landmarks and prepare for the trip.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2804m) and trek to Phakding (2610m).
- Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche (3440m).
- Day 05: Trek from Namche to Syangboche (3800m) and experience the Everest. Then trek back to Namche.
- Day 06: Trek from Namche to Lukla.
- Day 07: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu. Enjoy souvenir shopping for the rest of the day.
- Day 08: Final departure.
- Airport pick up and drop off on both international and domestic flights,
- Hotel Accomodation in *** Hotel basis with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Assistance for the trekking gears and the shopping for the trekking equipment if required,
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) while in trekking,
- Accommodation in Mountain Lodge,
- All domestic flights (Kathmandu -Lukla -Kathmandu) and departure taxes,
- Professional local guide with extensive experience trained in Wilderness First Aid and accredited by the Nepalese government,
- First Aid Kits Comprehensive Bag,
- Necessary Porters/ Sherpa to carry all personal gear and group equipment, & Adequate insurance for all staff including porters,
- Group trekking map,
- Meals on the cities except Welcome Dinner ( Tentative US$10-$15.00 per meals )
- Nepal entry visa fee which you will get it in to Kathmandu airport on upon arrival,
- trekking eqipment
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, etc..
- Tips for trekking/ tour guide & porters (expected, not mandatory)
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Day 01Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.Your adventure begins even before you land at the Tribhuvan International Airport. The first views of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below you will make you almost ecstatic, beginning a whole chain of memorable experiences that will stay with you for a very long time.
As soon as you arrive in Kathmandu, our representative will welcome you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. In the evening, you will meet the team and discuss your further programs over the welcome dinner.
- Day 02Visit the UNESCO listed cultural and historical landmarks and prepare for the trip.In the morning you will meet your tour guide to visit historic, religious and architectural places of Kathmandu valley. You will visit Swoyambhunath (Buddhist Shrine, also called monkey temple), Boudhanath (Largest Stupa in the world), Pashupatinath (Hindu’s greatest pilgrimage site) and Patan Durbar Square (Historic place for ancient art and architecture).
Today you will also make the necessary preparation for the trek.
- Day 03Fly to Lukla (2804m) and trek to Phakding (2610m).Today you will catch an early morning flight to Lukla. Your approx. 45 flight to the Lukla airport, the one with of the shortest runways in the world, will take you on a spectacular journey to the Himalayas.
After your breakfast in Lukla (2840m), you team leader will brief you about the safety talks as well as introduce your porters.
Your trek begins now. You will trek for around 3 hours through the cultured Sherpa villages with exceptional beauty following the Dudh Koshi valley to reach Phakding.
On your way, you will get the first glimpse of some of the mountains you will get to know well over the next week.
- Day 04Trek from Phakding to Namche (3440m).Your real trek in the thin air begins from Phakding. Today you will trek for around 7-8 hours with scenic beauty, deep George and soaring cliff as your backdrop.
You will walk around 3 hours before you reach Jorsale for Lunch. You will trek through pine forests, crossing different suspension bridges and encountering the ever smiling Sherpa people on the different colorful villages on the way before entering ‘The Gateway to Everest’, Namche Bazaar.
Namche is the largest as well as the most prosperous village in the Khumbu. The gorgeous views and the great Sherpa hospitality will amaze you for forever. Situated in an arch-shaped mountain, Namche will be your last chance for a hot shower, an ATM booth, gear shops and a good pub as well.
Today, you will have the first glimpse of the majestic Everest. You will also have great views of Kusum Kangroo, Thamserku and Holy Khumbiyela Mountain on your way.
- Day 05Trek from Namche to Syangboche (3800m) and experience the Everest. Then trek back to Namche.Today will be your acclimatization cum exploration day at Namche. You can explore local markets,visit local museums, mingle with local sherpas or you may as well hike to the famous Everest View Hotel built by Japanese in the '60s to catch a glimpse of the Mount Everest.
You can also trek to Syangboche Airport (3700m) - perhaps the highest airfield on the earth.
- Day 06Trek from Namche to Lukla.Today will be your last day to trek in the beautiful mountain terrains. The leisurely walk of 6-7 hours will take you to Lukla. During the afternoon you will have enough time to explore the Lukla bazaar on your own. On the evening, it will be your last dinner with the entire crew who assisted you to make your trip successful. You can share any gift with them if you may wish.
- Day 07Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu. Enjoy souvenir shopping for the rest of the day.Weather permitting the short and spectacular flight will take you to Kathmandu before lunch. You will have free time during the afternoon for further sightseeing, shopping or may just relax in one of the rooftop restaurants. You may buy some embroideries , ceramic, thangkas or carpets for your friends and families.
In the evening We will enjoy a final night together, reliving the trek and our extraordinary achievements over the farewell dinner.
- Day 08Final departure.Today you will fly back home with exhilarating memories in your mind of the Himalayas. If you don’t feel like leaving, you can extend your trip for a few days as well.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your need and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
* Your information will be kept confidential and will never be shared with anyone
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese vegan food as well as the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.