Momos are a must try in Nepal. In different places, different spices are used in stuffing to make momos more spicy or less. It is better not to use any spices in the stuffing but use different types of dips to suit your tastes. Dips with hot chili spices are popular and fun for eating momos, so consider not using any hot spices in the momo stuffing.
- Refined flour: 1 Kg cup
- Water: 4 cups
- Chopped vegetables (cabbage, onion, green onion): 2 cups
- Cheese or Paneer: 1 cup
- Onion/Garlic/Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: to taste
- Prepare dough with water.
- Make small balls from the dough and flatten them with hand or rolling pin.
- Stuff it with chopped vegetable mix. Wrap it in round shapes with some pattern as you like.
- Steam them in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Instead of vegetable, use tofu, soybean to get varieties of Vegan Momos.
- Serve with some dips or sauce.