Your trek to the base camp of the 10th highest mountain in the world will mesmerize you with the beautiful mountain scenery and beguiling vistas of everyday life in a hilly region of Nepal. The setting of Annapurna Base Camp at 4130 m is unique and incredibly spectacular, set amidst the majestic peaks of Annapurna I (8091 m), Annapurna South (7219 m), Machhapuchhre (6993 m) and Hiunchuli (6441 m).
This trek will take you to one of the most geographically and culturally diverse regions for trekking in Nepal, the Annapurna region. Home to diverse peoples and cultures, it is equally diverse in its environment. The trail goes alongside terraced rice paddies, lush rhododendron forests and high altitude landscapes with the Annapurna Range in view most of the times. This trek will also offer you a sneak peek into the lifestyle of a typical village people.
Your trek will begin from Nayapul which is 1 ½ hour’s drive from Pokhara. You will then trek to Ghandruk, one of the biggest Gurung community settlements in the region. The cascading waterfalls, terraced farmlands, a beautiful forest of bamboo, oak and rhododendron trees and the picturesque village will enchant you during your whole trek.
If you prefer a bit easier trek but also want to explore the majestic mountains and the diverse culture and lifestyle of the Nepali people, this trek is the one for you
Massive Annapurna and Dhulagiri Himalayan panorama, different community with majority of Gurung, Magar people.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing of Historical and Cultural landmarks of Kathmandu as well as preparation for the trek.
- Day 03: Drive to beautiful lake city, Pokhara. (6-7 hrs).
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul. (1.5 hrs). Walk towards Ulleri(2070m). (4-5 hours) .
- Day 05: Trek from Ulleri to Ghorepaani(2775m). 4-5 hours.
- Day 06: Early morning walk to Poonhill (3210m) for Sunrise view and trek to Tadapani (2700m). 6-7 hours.
- Day 07: Trek to Chhomrong (2170m) 5-6 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek from Chhomrong to Bamboo. (2310m) 4-5 hours.
- Day 09: Trek from Bamboo to Deurali (3230m) 3-4 hours
- Day 10: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp(4130m) via Machhapuchrre Base Camp (3700m) 5-6 hours.
- Day 11: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo. (2310m) 6-7 hours.
- Day 12: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m). 5-6 hours.
- Day 13: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
- Day 14: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Fly back home
- Welcome drink in Kathmandu
- All meals while trekking
- All activities and entrance fees as per Itinerary
- Fully escorted tour
- Local guide and porters
- Domestic flight and airport tax Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permits
- Trekking Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- All necessary transportations
- Beverages (Coca, mineral water and beer)
- (Lunch & Dinner) in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Tips for driver and guide (mandatory).
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, what are not mentioned in above services
- International roundtrip airfare
Note: Unforeseen cost such as flight cancellation or delayed, sick in trekking, and helicopter rescue in trekking, cost due to bad weather etc. is out of our control
- Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel. Your adventure begins even before you land at the Tribhuvan International Airport. The first views of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below you will make you almost ecstatic, beginning a whole chain of memorable experiences that will stay with you for a very long time.
As soon as you arrive in Kathmandu, our representative will welcome you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. In the evening, you will meet the team and discuss your further programs over the welcome dinner.
- Day 02Sightseeing of Historical and Cultural landmarks of Kathmandu as well as preparation for the trek. In the morning you will meet your tour guide to visit historic, religious and architectural places of Kathmandu valley. You will visit Swoyambhunath (Buddhist Shrine, also called monkey temple), Boudhanath (Largest Stupa in the world), Pashupatinath (Hindu’s greatest pilgrimage site) and Patan Durbar Square (Historic place for ancient art and architecture).
- Day 03Drive to beautiful lake city, Pokhara. (6-7 hrs). Leaving Kathmandu behind, your 6-7 hours journey will take you to the beautiful lake city, Pokhara. You can explore the less crowded and clean alleys, the beautiful few lake nearby or the touristic Lake Side with lots of rooftop restaurants on your leisure time. If you arrive early, there may be enough time as well to hire as small boat for a quick paddle on the lake for sunset.
- Day 04Drive to Nayapul. (1.5 hrs). Walk towards Ulleri(2070m). (4-5 hours) . After breakfast, you will leave the beautiful lake city behind and start your journey towards the foothill of the Annapurna range.
From Nayapul your trek will commence. After crossing the checkpoint at Birethati, you will trek northwards alongside the waters of Bhurungi Khola. The trail ascends gradually up the valley through a series of Hamlets. There are plenty of stops on the way, if you feel like grabbing some snacks. You next stop will be Hile(1520m), where you will have lunch and get prepared for the walk on the stones steps that will follow.
Your upward climb towards the infamous stone steps (Stephen Bezruchka's book, “Trekking in Nepal – A traveler’s Guide” says that it is 3,767 steps) toward Ulleri begins after crossing a Suspension bridge at Tikhe Dhunga. The trail from here will twist its way back and forth up the hill, but the steps will make you feel like a straightforward ascent. After around 2 hours of walk, you will reach Ulleri. You will spend your night here. Overnight in Ulleri.
- Day 05Trek from Ulleri to Ghorepaani(2775m). 4-5 hours.Your uphill trek will continue for today as well. From Ulleri, you will observe the landscape will begin to change and you will enter the forest of oak, rhododendron and other deciduous trees. If you trek during spring [from March], you will see the surroundings jungles and the trail will all be painted with Red and pink hues of booming Rhododendron.
Ghorepaani is situated atop a hill and offers incredible mountain views of Annapurana South and Nilgiri mountains. You will have enough time to relax or take a stroll during the afternoon to explore the surroundings and soak yourself in the beauty of the breathtaking Himalayan landscapes. Overnight in Ghorepani.
- Day 06Early morning walk to Poonhill (3210m) for Sunrise view and trek to Tadapani (2700m). 6-7 hours.You will wake up early today to catch the spectacular sunrise over the magnificent Himalayas. You will climb for around 45 minutes to 1 hour along the steep trail to reach the viewpoint, Poonhill. You can have 360 degree views all around and a 180 degree view of the mountain from here.
As the first sunrays of the day hit the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges and turn them into pink and orange, you can do nothing but admire the sheer beauty of it.
You will descend down to Ghorepaani for breakfast before resuming your trek once again. You will climb a ridge before descending down through rhododendron forests and pass through small plunge pools and waterfalls. Your last climb of the day will take you to Tadapani where you will spend the night.
- Day 07Trek to Chhomrong (2170m) 5-6 hrs.The trail starts off with a descent through a large rhododendron forest. The forest trail ends and our trail opens up to beautifully terraced fields. You will walk uphill for around 5 km and pass waterfalls and reach a suspension bridge. Suspension bridges are very common in the hilly and mountainous regions of Nepal. A few more miles of uphill and downhill trekking and you will reach your destination for today, Chhomrong. It is a beautiful village right below the giant Annapurna massive. Overnight in Chhomrong.
- Day 08Trek from Chhomrong to Bamboo. (2310m) 4-5 hours.You will leave Chhomrong and walk on quite a number of stone steps before reaching the Chhomrong Khola. You will cross a suspension bridge over the river and begin an uphill climb to Sinuwa. The trail passes through a beautiful forest to Kuldihar. From here you will embark on an easy descent to Bamboo. Overnight in Bamboo.
- Day 09Trek from Bamboo to Deurali (3230m) 3-4 hours You will pass through a bamboo forest which is damp and cold. You will then walk uphill on a trail which is sometimes steep. It is only after reaching Himalaya Hotel that the forest opens up and we are out in the sun again with astounding views of the glacial river below. It is a steep climb up through a much drier forest before reaching Hinku Cave. From here the trail descends to a river before ascending to Deurali. From here, you can enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding hills and Mt. Dhaulagiri. You will notice that the vegetation has become sparse allowing magical views of the valley, the river below and cliffs adorned with waterfalls. Overnight in Deurali.
- Day 10Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp(4130m) via Machhapuchrre Base Camp (3700m) 5-6 hours. You will follow the valley trail in a steady climb. The trail sticks to a rocky cliff and is sometimes steep. You will walk on a somewhat flat path for a while before ascending to Machhapurchre Base Camp. From here you will get excellent views of Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna mountains. You will then turn left and begin ascending gently to the Annapurna Base Camp. During your ascent you can admire spectacular views of the Himalayan panorama. Walking further you will reach the base camp of Mt. Annapurna and it is amazing. We are surrounded by magnificent peaks and the only way into this area is through the gorge we just hiked. Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
- Day 11Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo. (2310m) 6-7 hours.From Annapurna Base Camp the trail rapidly descends past the Machhapuchhre Base camp, Deurali, Himalayan Hotel and Doban and finally to Bamboo where you will spend the night. Today’s trek is downhill so it shouldn’t be very difficult. Overnight in Bamboo.
- Day 12Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m). 5-6 hours.You will retrace our step back to Chhomrong where you will stop for lunch. From Chomrong it is a steep descent down to the Modi Khola valley. The stone steps to Chhomrong are equally tricky as they were before. The trail then descends to Jhinu Danda, where you will be resting for the night. On the way you will enjoy walking through rain forests and farms. After reaching Jhinu Danda, you will spend the rest of the afternoon taking a rest and relaxing. Overnight in Jhinu Danda.
- Day 13Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour driveYou will leave Jhinu Danda and enjoy the beautiful hill landscape of western Nepal on our way to Naya Pul. You will have lunch on the way. The actual trek to the Annapurna Sanctuary and back ends today. You will board our vehicle to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara.
- Day 14Drive from Pokhara to KathmanduAfter the successful trek to the base camp of Annapurna, its time to go back to Kathmandu leaving the beautiful trail behind. You will be free in the evening to go for souvenir buying or stroll in the alley of Thamel. You will have plenty of options in Thamel to make you evening beautiful.
- Day 15Fly back homeYour adventure in Nepal comes to an end today! A Nepal Dream Travels representative will escort you to the airport before yur scheduled flight. On our way home, we have plenty of time to plan our next adventure to a beautiful yet rewarding nation, Nepal.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your need and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
* Your information will be kept confidential and will never be shared with anyone
|08 August, 2018
||22 August, 2018
|09 October, 2018
||23 October, 2018
|18 October, 2018
||01 November, 2018
|10 November, 2018
||24 November, 2018
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese vegan food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the tea house or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.